Monday, February 13, 2012

Mod #4 Edu Blogger


The name of the blog that I commented on was called “Free "Free Technology For Teachers" and  the specific post was titled “Qwips –record audio captions for your pictures”.  As a student teacher in world filled with technology, I have been experimenting with and looking for new ways to engage my students.  I started off this semester just using technology in front of the room, as a means of instruction.  I used smart board activities, videos, and interactive games to get the students interested.  Now that I am getting to know the students well, and figuring out what we can do with limited resources, I am working technology into class work.  Just last week we did blogging for the first time – students blogged about their experiences coming to the United States as English Language Learners and commented on each others' posts, a great success! Now that I saw how well blogging worked, I am interested to see what else I can do with technology to benefit my students and make learning fun and engaging, digital story seems like it might be next on my agenda!  Now, with Quips I have an easy way for students to record their voices and narrate pictures.

1 comment:

  1. This looks like a good resource. Richard Byrne also suggested some other resources for you.

    ReplyDelete